Thursday 21 February 2008

Uh oh - small injury leading to bigger injury!



I stole this picture from Craig Harpers blog..................this is how I feel. I am hobbled! I took yesterday off all training, in hoping that my knee would come good, then did spinning this morning! Whoops shouldn't have done that. I am suffering big time at the moment. I have been icing my knee on and off all day. Soooooo I guess I wont be doing anything from now until the end of the weekend. I have already planned to give upper body a big break next week with no weights, looks like I may be doing that with my knee as well.

Fingers crossed that it heals itself over the weekend. I actually feel like I am behind bars! Almost lazy because I can not do anything at the moment. So strange, I have been doing some sort of cardio or weights everyday now for over six months and just when I got my groove thing happening, it has to be put on hold. Bummer!

On food note, all clean and straight to plan. Hooked on my baked fish balls and chicken balls with celery at the moment. Still can't get enuf fish during the week, with almost every dinner containing some sort of fish. Tonite I had Mahi Mahi, a nice firm fish that almost taste like chicken when you bake it. Yummy. I made some fish balls on the weekend, blended scallop meat and perch together with a couple of red onions, baked until golden brown and presto, moist fish balls that has a bit of different taste due to the scallop meat.

Well I best go some dishes and get my food ready for tomorrow. Go put my knee up and read a little while. Have a nice day tomorrow.

Ciao!

X:D)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doris,
I finally logged into your site this week ! Some of your pictures are very inspiring. Not today's though. Sorry to hear about injury - I know how extreeemly frustrating that is. Those steps sound like a real challenge! I'll have to join you one day - My knee is still not 100% but at least I'm back to doing a leg workout. Woke up on Tuesday with sore throat bug so could'nt do boxing. I so enjoyed it last week so was sorry to have to miss. Bit of a bummer getting a beginner. When you're wanting a good workout that can almost make you want to cry with frustration!
Your workout sessions sound quite gruelling. They would be a inspirational motivator to a lot of readers of this blog I'm sure.
Hoping your leg gets better real soon. Melissa xx

21 February 2008 at 9:50 pm  
Blogger sabine said...

Hi D
silly bugger doing that bike class with an injury. What would your advice have been to someone else if they had an injury?? Rest up and get back into it when the pain (warning signal) is gone :)
Do some swimming if you want to work out. It will probably help with recovery.
xxSab

22 February 2008 at 8:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Doris
Poor you! That must hurt a lot. Take care of that knee and I hope you get well soon!
Desely

22 February 2008 at 4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home