Sunday 10 February 2008

Five Times!

Hey bloggers
Was a weekend of hills! Saturday went for the long power walk with friend Chris around the hills of Ormeau. No shin splint pain! Wahoo! learnt when the pain hits, it is the downward run in the beginning, so concentrated on form going down before we start the walk. a little tight when we hit the bottom, but is loosened up a 3rd way into the walk and then all good after that.
Today I did the steps 5 times. Here is another section of the steps. I met some truly inspirational people this morning as I slept in and didn't there first thing. These elderly couple do the stairs every sunday morning 5 times. She just walks down with him then turns around and waits at the top for him and they start all over again. The inspirational part is the gentleman wears a 20kg backpack and he goes all the way to the street and then starts up again. He does it a little slower, but so he should with 20kg on his back. I would put them both in their late 60's. Truly Awesome!
Another clean weekend with food and that makes a good weekend of cardio as well. I actually feel like I could go to sleep now. Just had my banana protein shake, I always look forward to this as a little treat, as previously stated in several blogs before. I still have a couple of loads of washing to do, but house has been cleaned, food prepared for next week. I still have to do my workbook for the first aid course I did at work during the week. This is great as my CPR was due and so was Senior First Aid. I realised this week that I have done Senior First Aid for 21 years.
Davids back is playing up a little today so I decided to mow the yard today. I have done 3/4's of it and that took me 3 & 1/2 hours. Thankgod we have only cleared 3 acres of the 6! I got a bit of colour and I think also a touch of the sun. Feeling a bit funny. My obliques are sore and I haven't done abs this week. Trying to work out where I really used my core...........I am thinking when I was doing biceps. Well must go, clothes to fold and bed to make.
Hope you all had a good weekend.
Ciao!
X:D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home