Friday 8 February 2008

Get used to a little discomfort!

Ever done a weight session and walked away feeling like your muscles were twice as big as they were before you started. That is how I feel everytime I do biceps! I dedicated a whole half hour to biceps this morning as that is all I had left to do. I managed 20kg on cable single curl with D-strap handle. Wohoo! Really locked in my core and concentrated on the bicep itself. Fatiqued after each set of 8 but gave myself 2mins rest each bicep, ie left one then right one and then 1 min break, so in reality each arm had a 2 min break. The last couple of reps were a real struggle, but got them up, I think in the last set, the last couple of reps were poor form. But thats what you get when you have no one to spot you. I am thinking that I am going to have some serious DOMS in bis tomorro. I was going to do 1/2 hour cardio, but got to talking to some friends and then before you know it, 15mins had gone by...................good day for a cardio break as I will be doing cardio both Saturday and Sunday. Powerwalk and Steps!

Husaband went to doctor again today after waking to excruiating pain (never listens to me) and had an xray. Has a dengenerative condition of his spine, spurs form on the vertebrae. One vertebrae (S1) has developed a large spur and is rubbing on another bone. Disk between vertebrae has deteriated and reduced the protective distance between the bones. As a result of bending down badly and picking something up, he has caused a major friction between two bones, hence the swelling to the disk, hence the unbearable pain. Now has very strong painkillers and also awakened to the fact he has to lose weight. Yahoo! This is a hidden blessing in disguise. I have him even agreeing to go for a walk sunday morning (we will take it slow at first).
Had wild barra again tonite, just can't seem to get enuf of fish these days. Lunch with boss was good except turned out bad. I chose a dish of steamed lemon pepper calamari on salad, but when boss placed order he said calamari, and like typical pub nosh, they brought out crumbed calamari with chips and salad. Yuck! Too late to order something else, & I didn't bring anything to work, I ate the calamari (8 small rings = 207 cal approx) and the tossed salad. Left chips for them to scraped off the plate. The calamari attacked me all afternoon, until I had my protein shake in afternoon, then it all settled down. So I guess I had my cheat meal for the week. Shit, not what I was hoping for. I was hanging for my beautiful egg white omelette on Sunday morning. Guess I will have to re-arrange my omelette to be more in line with everyday plan. Oh well, no worries, was not that bad.
Well I am yawning so much, I have tears in my eyes, I guess I best be going to bed.
Ciao!
X:D)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home