Thursday 3 April 2008

Don't be content to wait and see what will happen, but be determined to make the right thing happen!

Hey there,
So far excellant days!!!!!!!!
I was reading Craig Harper's blog yesterday and he hit a few home truths! The first step really is a bit of a nail biter for me! "Do a stocktake".
I see things that I am not happy with but don't upset the apple cart because it is just rolling along, without hurting anyone! I am actually going to keep a private journal on this and hopefully I can identify problems that I should fix! and I don't just mean my physical appearance. I am talking work life, home life, finances.
So what else is new (note the change of topic - avoidance!)
I am going to do Bikram Yoga on the weekend, first time for me. I just luv my body balance on a Thursday night and it has some yoga moves in it. Bikram is the yoga that is done in heated conditions - the studio I am going to is 37 degrees, but if you were to go to the Yoga College's and other studio's, they are heated to 40.5 degrees. The idea is that your muscles and tendons are statically heated (no physical warmup) and should open up more, allow more flexibility and range of movement. They warn you not to eat up to 2 hours before you do the class, as it is a bit like a detox session at a dayspa or a hour long sports massage, when you stand up you feel giddy and nauseous. This is because of the movement of your cellular fluids.
I downloaded the 26 poses we do, and OMG I don't think I can bend that way on some of the poses. The people in the pictures are very very very very very flexible!!!!!

Anyway I am off to balance tonight, tight in shoulders , but particularly sore in legs - not looking forward to the leg strength track!!! Oww! I'll say that now as i now what it is going to be like.
Have a great night guys!
Ciao!
X:D)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Doris,

I love Bikram yoga - it is an amazing thing to do for your body. Enjoy it.

Send me an e-mail to lisa@lisastokes.com.au and I will send you info on Bio sig.

Stay strong

Lisa

3 April 2008 at 6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home