Thursday 27 March 2008

Ability: the power of being able to do something, or get something done; power

Another day in the world of searching for perfection!

Happy Birthday Sabine, hope you had a great day!

I have had a day of resounding and discussion with myself! I asked - Do you really want to be successful with my fitness goals? My answer: Time to get aggressive with the goals.

My advice to myself to read and digest:
1. Get aggressive with your goals
2. Tell my story - blog
3. Contact people who you have lost contact with
4. Chart my wins
5. Associate with people with top physiques
6. Keep workout routines strict
7. Look at other trasnformations and feed from them
8. Keep & display old photos of yourself (Well I don't know about that, sort of like hiding there............maybe a pit to climb out of and accept)
9. Invite others for the ride.
10. And most important - BELIEVE!

What is motivation? A want? A need? A drive?
I read an article where it said that 'relying on just willpower will not work, willpower equals short-term success. Long term success requires planning, discipline, and finding ways to motivate myself'

I tell you what though, motivation takes a lot of work. Everyday you have to work on staying focused, there are days when you just feel like 'giving it a miss'! So what do I do to stay focused...............blog - write down my story at the moment. Look and read other blogs - involve yourself in the journey of others, learn from their pitfalls.

Today I didn't want to eat the lunch I packed myself - a planned lunch.............so off I toddle down to the local cafe with the boys. Then I get there and my mind starts to kick in, what the hell are you doing, you have a great lunch back at the office.............no the left side says, I want to buy lunch. So guess what, i did. But get this...........this is what i purchased for lunch. 150gm of grilled fish (and not grilled on the stove, grilled in under a griller on a double tray that drains), the guy squeezes lemon juice over the top to enhance flavours while grilling under the griller, he then puts into a container with a mixed salad that is not dressed. So I am guessing I had a win win situation, I got to buy lunch and i had the healthy lunch I require to keep on with my goals. The other win is, i don't need to prepare lunch for tomorrow, already in the fridge at work! Wahoo!

Well time to go as it is time for me to go to Body Balance, need to stretch!!
Ciao!
X:D)

3 Comments:

Blogger sabine said...

Thanks Doris, for the birthday wish. Had a really fun day. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!!
xxxSabine

28 March 2008 at 7:44 pm  
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Doris, finally I am able to get into your blog!! YAY :o) I look forward to sharing your journey with you. Keep up the hard work.

xxx

31 March 2008 at 8:09 pm  
Blogger Em said...

Hi There :)
I tried to find your blog through your profile but it didn't show up for some reason?
But I am here now very excited look forward to a good read in the morning :)
Great goals, it is so tough getting motivated and staying motivated, you made agreat point of surrounding yourself with like minded people, I don't know where I would be if it was for blogger and all the lovely fit girls that help keep me on track daily the support is amazing :)
Hope you have a great week, its weigh in for me tomorrow and I have to say I am pumped and readdy for it :)
Em:)

1 April 2008 at 10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home