Wednesday 2 April 2008

Discipline is remembering what you want!



Ahhh! Discipline! Remembering!

Well long time not to blog! I had a mishap over the weekend that was so wrong! Now lets go back almost a week. Friday was a good day, did a great workout on legs, my usual cardio to finish. Saturday I thought i was going to miss out on my long powerwalk, but did it in afternoon. Saturaday was my bad day!!!! Bad as in I did not eat!!! Go figure, where is my head at? Oh don't worry I have been lectured to the hilt over it and told "no brainer Doris". DOH! I had a good breakfast and then went out to the shops to get groceries etc etc etc, raced home mid afternoon, get changed and go for powerwalk, sooooo by the time I got to eat again was 5.30pm. Sunday was great until dinner time, did not feel like preparing anything so I ate 2 pieces of left over homemade pizza and about a cup of icecream!!!! Double Doh! So not to harp on about it, I fessed up, was lectured and now moving on.


Monday absolutely spot perfect!!!!!!! But as a result of the weekend my weight jumped massively according to my scales. Went down yesterday morning to around the right figure, this morning shows me with a good loss!


So going back to my talking to on Thursday - why write and read and tell myself all that, only to throw it out the window. Note to self.....be more vigilant on weekends. Week days are so easy, as i sit at my desk and my alarms and reminders pop up to tell me time to have something, if I am not thinking about it. Weekends i tend to be out and about so much, again i don't Think!!!!
Okay, now to concentrate on rule #1 - Get aggressive with my goals!!! Concentrate on a complete perfect week. So far Monday - perfect - check! Tuesday - perfect - Check! Today off to a good start - check! I have to remember it is all about me. I am the one trying to lose weight for me, not others, become fitter for me. Only I can make this really work, so I need to plan effectively for weekends and manage those actions I need to take to make my goal!
okay enuf for now, will checkin later. have a great day, I know I am!
Ciao!
X:D)
Hello Tara and Antigone, thanks for your comments and looking in on my blog.
PS: This is a shout out for those in Brisbane who want to do a 'park circuit group PT session', instead of the scary 'Bootcamps', go see my blog links and click on Sabine. All details there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Hi Darl :)
I am so glad I found your blog hehe
Hey about boot camp I have actually done one on the beach it was fantastic I was absolutly dead by the end of the four week program but oh my I felt like I had rerally achieved something and I could see it too and it was boot camp that got me into heavy weights and really helped me to push to my limits. I was really scared but decided to fly by the seat of my pants and just do it and dI am so glad I did :)I was about 120kg very unfit so if I can do it so can you :)

Your doing great this week and I bet your weekend will fly bye without any hassles :)
Em:)

2 April 2008 at 3:07 pm  
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Doris, I stumble on the weekends also. We don't seem to eat as much or as regular on the weekends, get caught up in whatever we are doing. It is much easier during the week I find. I think the key to the weekends is making sure that you are totally prepared food wise and have some healthy food items ready to go in the fridge. Then you are more likely to eat to plan.

The circuit in the park thingy is exactly what I am doing except my park is noosa national park. I love it, so do my clients. It is so good to get outdoors and back to basics hey!!

Hope that the rest of your week sails by smoothly. Just keep focused on your goals.

Cheers
Tara xxx

2 April 2008 at 7:16 pm  
Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Hey Em
Thanks for your support! I have done a few bootcamps myself, but my fav is a Group PT boxing class that I do. Weights are my passion and have been for about 5-6 years now! Would choose them any day over cardio. The bootcamp plug is for a friend who is starting out.

Hey Tara
I am so glad I am not the only one who stuffs up on weekends. Its not that I overeat, more to the point I forget to eat! Once about 6 weeks ago, I pack my little esky up but did not open it all day. I managed a protein shake though that day. I am just going to have to knuckle down and remember to eat. In and out of the car, getting groceries and anything that I wasn't able to do during the week, all gets done on the Saturday, so as you say, here, there, everywhere!!!
Thanks guys for the pep up!
Doris

3 April 2008 at 2:26 pm  
Blogger Em said...

Ah I see :)
The one I did was huge on strength I wish I could do it again but I live in the country now rather far away from the beach.
I hope your friend enjoys herself:)
Em:)

3 April 2008 at 8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home