Friday 14 March 2008

Result: something that happens as a consequence; outcome!


Anything that is worth achieving does not come easily! Wow Sue, when you wrote this, you have no idea how true it is for me. I am at this very moment falling into a pit of anxiety and misery! I am letting my head think too much, is the real answer. I am wanting more results for the long hard work I am putting into my world of changes. So I am having a bad day! So I am thinking of all the hard work I have put in, and how I should continue putting it in as it will come to those who wait. But I ask you, why is results taking so long??

I know, I know, be patient! Keep your eye on the prize!!!! So what am I doing to get on with it you ask!!!!!!!!!!!! Climb out of that pit! I read an article which is interesting "You change from the outside in".

This article goes on to discuss about those who feel the same as I do; I have noted down a few things from the article:
The most common concern seems to be that your loss seems too slow. After starting a serious fitness program including cardiovascular and weight training, nearly everyone feels better and more energetic almost immediately (aside from the soreness). But even after several weeks (months), some people do not see a noticeable change in the mirror, so far as fat is concerned. And the scale! You've busted your bum for weeks, and there's no change!..............Fat is stored in several places, within the muscle as 'intramuscular fat' (like pork), around the organs as 'visceral fat', and under the skin as 'subcutaneous fat'. If you're inactive as you get older, the fat starts depositing in the muscles first - the muscle tissue gets 'marbelized'. After the intramuscular stores are full, the fat spills over to subcutaneous stores, which are more noticeable.........................so now to reverse that process. Exercise tends to draw significantly from the intramuscular stores early on, so instead of seeing a major change in the mirror, you may instead feel your muscless getting firmer and less "mushy". That is a good sign. DON'T GIVE UP! The subcutaneous fat loss becomes more evident once the intramuscular stores are whittles down a bit!

Now I ask you, what if you have been exercising for a long time?????? Oh yeah and right now I hear Carolyn ' Be patient little grasshoper' changes are happening!!!! Oh yeah I hear you!

The article then goes on about lifting weights, you build muscle, muscle being able to store more glycogen which binds itself to water within the muscle, giving it a more pumped look and a pumped muscle is heavier, than an empty muscle! And because significant differences in fluid-volume changes, some people will notice changes immediately and others. wellllllll!!! The upper body generally shows improvement first. There is so much pressure to see quick results! If you were able to look inside your cells and see your good enzymes increasing, your energy producing mitochondria multiplying, your cholesteral falling, your arteries clearing, your blood vessesls become more efficient, your muscles strengthening, your bone-density imroving, and all of the remarkable changes that this program triggers, it would be clear that the scale and calipers are just insufficient ways of measuring success! etc etc etc! Then comes in bold letters "So don't force the numbers, They'll come. Here is your job today: adhere to a winning pattern of action that you know will produce results if you follow it consistently!

But do you know the beauty about all these feelings I am feeling!! I actually understand that nothing will matter if I am consistent with my training, my cardio and my eating and I have to learn to be more patient with my results. Look, I know that ever so slowly changes are happening to me, just not as fast as it does with other people. My work trousers are looser, I can notice some small changes in my body and I am very happy with that! So to spin a negative process into a positive process, here goes:

Well done Doris on what you have acheived so far! You are closer to your goal than you were yesterday! and the best words of wisdom of all - "Whatever it takes for AS LONG AS IT TAKES"
Hey its okay!
Ciao!
X:D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home