Wednesday 9 April 2008

Consistency: Start small and build!


How awesome is this wallpaper! The strength is not in the 'nordic goddess' but the whole picture.
Tonight I felt I had to blog about consistency and commitment! The more consistent I am with my daily routines, small changes start to happen. What I must believe is that small changes will lead to larger results. My main task is to use consistency to get myself to change those small things to change my self image. Strength training is amazingly easy in comparison to the strength required to maintain consistency. And the discovery that being inconsistent, results in very little changes, which inturn damages your commitment to change your self image. Believe in yourself. So I say to myself : I am a person who achieves my goals, I am a person who is healthy, fit and strong, I am a person who is in control of my self image changes!
Passion: This is the cornerstone of all actions. How bad to you want it? What does your dream body look like? Can you see yourself? What will your life be like when you have it?
Growth: Changes will not happen overnight, this you have to understand, but small changes will end in very large results. So be better today than you were yesterday, tomorrow strive to be better than today!
Comfort Zone: In order to experience growth, you need to step out of your comfort zone. Prepare food in advance, write down your goals, plan ahead, spend time visualising! Accept and expect discomfort.
Gratitude: Learn to practice being grateful for who you are today and for the so called failures and challenges that appear in your path to your goals. Every failure and challenge gives you the opportunity to improve and be better tomorrow.
Become: UNSTOPPABLE "I have become Doris, the lean and sexy woman who loves healthy foods and a very active lifestyle."
Fun: Ensure you have fun while to are doing it.
Role Models: Surround yourself with inspirational people, role models who have acheived their goals. People who have taken the same journey as you and succeeded!
Moving on, So further from Saturday and Bikram Yoga. Monday I felt revitalised. Definately going back next saturday to do some more hot yoga - I am so hooked on the hardness of it. Also have a powerwalk planned before we go. Did weights and cardio first thing Monday, long day at work afterwards. Tuesday, did cardio in morning, weights and cardio in the afternoon. Wednesday, did weights and cardio. Thursday, have cardio in the morning, cardio in afternoon and body balance (now that I can do back arches and boat poses, way more challenging!). Friday, have weights and cardio. Then I think that just wraps my week up for exercise. Food has been strong, but then it always is during the week. Weekend I have to ensure I eat all my meals, that is my goal this week.
Well have a great week of whats left, will no doubt talk to you all later.
Ciao!
X:D)

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Hun that was an amazing post and just what I needed!
I am the type of girl that kicks and screams on the way to a workout yet when I am actually doing my workout i'm unstopable!
So getting those consistant workouts and consistant eating in every single day is a change I struggle with myself regularly but hey I will get ther just like you :)
I hope the rest of your week is a great one :)
Em:)

10 April 2008 at 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home