Sunday 13 April 2008

Building and thinking! Transform your thinking and build your transformation.




They say you should fall in love with your workout. I have taken to Bikram yoga................................man it is so hard. This saturday, I struggled more than last week and here are the factors why: The temperature was 2 degrees hotter, amazing those 2 little numbers made a huge difference in the comfort zone. I even had to recoup at one stage, as there was one floor pose that made me so nauseous, I had to take a few breaths. The other factor was that I applied myself more than the first week - as you do with any exercise, you should always aim to go harder each time. I think I drank about 4 litres of water yesterday afternoon. I am going to wear my HRM next week just to get an idea of how many calories I use. I weighed myself before I went in the studio and afterwards and lost 2.5kg in fluids in that 90mins!!!!!!!! Whoa! I can safely say I replaced it no worries at all. Had an awesome eating results as well for the weekend. I remembered to eat all my meals. I made the yummiest salad yesterday lunch with 2 soft boiled eggs, chicken breast, mixed lettuce leaf, grated raw beetroot, 1 chopped rome tomato and some thin red onion rings, dressed in balsami vinegar.

Jumped on the scales this morning, and if true, I have dropped some weight from last week, so I usually wait to mid week to see if it is the same, then I will celebrate!


This little blurb it just a reminder to myself:

Because we are humans, we think! And sometimes when we think, we relapse, but the changes we make in our lifestyles can be imbedded into our daily routine; CONSISTENCY! We must give ourselves permission to change. There are no secrets to losing weight, it takes hard work, control and CONSISTENCY! Real change will happen when learn to respect ourselves and the challenges we face reaching our goals. Take responsibility for your actions, you're grown up.


Had a fun last night, bit of a spur of the moment thing, went to a tavern I haven't been to with a bunch of friends for dinner and a bit of social natter. Meal was fantastic. I had Wagyu steak (I might add cooked to perfection) with a large mixed leaf salad dressed in a balsamic dressing. Afterwards we played pool (table is for free on a saturday night) for several hours, watched the Lions win from behind (67points) on the big screen and basically had the bar to ourselves. What a hoot, watching all the others getting drunk, trying to hit the balls on the table, some very assy shots!!!!


Did I mention that I am very sore!!! DOMS has set in from the week and also yesterday!! Ooowww! Well I had better go, getting very tired, getting in a very early night tonight. Weights and cardio first thing in the morning and a major waxing session in the afternoon after work! Rip Rip!

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Sounds like you had a lovely night out :)
I have started back at power yoga and man that gets tough I couldn't even begin to imagine how much tougher it would be if the room was heated up!
I hope that your DOMS settle down and that your weight loss stays a loss good on you hun :)
Have a great week:)
Em:)

14 April 2008 at 11:43 am  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey Doris!
Just thought I'd drop by here and catch up! Love your stuff on consistency here, it's so, so true. You are going so well, you should be proud of your efforts!

But, I don't think I'll be joining the bikram yoga class with you any time soon.... ;)

Have a great day,
Carolyn :)

14 April 2008 at 9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home