Sunday 3 February 2008

'I AM NO A QUITTER!' WAHOO!


I am not a quitter. So Chuffed! Explanation: I found the elusive stairs. I was told to go to the reservoir on Springwood Road, enter the conservation park and follow the path. 20mins of walking on the path at a brisk pace up and down hills, I found the stairs. Looking down, whoa, there looked a lot of stairs, so down I go. Walked around the little centre at the bottom, found the directions how to get there directly then steeled myself to go up! Up I went and my heart was pratically jumping out of my ribs when I got to the top, so I thought okay, today once, next week twice, so I tottled off along the hilly path back to the car. Got to the car, decided to find the way into the stairs directly for next week, when I got there I thought, Doris, you had a 10min break in an airconditioned car, go again. Left side of brain saying, no you have done it once, slowly does it, right side saying go for it, you can do it. Soooooo, away I went, this time it was uphill first then down hill. Welllll, my legs were so heavy going up, it was amazing, I felt like I was lifting my leg and a 10kg weight strapped to it. finally got up the top, caught my breath, stopped my heart from jumping out of my rib cage, then stepped back down. Actually going down was a little rough as I had to be careful of my Tibilias Anterior, not to put too much pressure on them. Got back to the car, and the sweat, I was dripping! And I didn't bring a towel. It took almost till I got home before I wasn't hot and sweaty and that took 20mins. I am so chuffed I did it twice. There are 135 steps one way and steep as you can see on one of the pictures I took. There are four photos I took with my phone, as the stairs went around corners and rocks. There is no flat section to catch your breath until you get to the top.
Eating is still clean, but had bacon and eggs this morning as a bit of a treat. Poached eggs (the best way to have eggs) and grilled bacon, nice and lean stuff. So overall very happy with current journey.
Thank you Hiliary, Desley, Carolyn, Sue and Sabine for your well wishes. It was a week of birthdays, first Carolyn, then Hiliary and myself. Us Aquarians, we will rule!
I purchased myself a new 'Iriver' as it would have cost almost the same amount of money to buy a battery for the current one. I will keep the old one as a backup and eventually buy a battery for it. the new 'Irivers' use the same batteries as the Nokia phones, awesome, no longer having to wait for a special battery like the old one I have. My new Iriver, only cost $100 for 2gig of memory, over 600 songs or 3 movies. Also has a radio and internet connection. The screen is bigger and not as bulky as the old one I have. I also got an exended 3 year warranty for $29. Awesome. An extra $50 for different headphones that don't fallout, as those round things don't stay in my ears. Two plastic cases and a arm band thrown in when they heard I was buying it as a birthday present for myself. A good deal I think overall. I was severley spoilt on my birthday from both friends and family. Very special.
Well better go now as I am going for a quick powerwalk in the rain, so it will be invigorating!
I hope you all had a good weekend and your week is going to be awesome. I know mine can only be as great as the last week.
Catchalata!
Ciao!
X:D)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Wow those stairs look awesome, I might have to come and do it with you one day!

Your new mp3 sounds great, I love new toys. I have ear plugs that hook over my ears, those normal ones fall out of my ears too.

Hope you have a great week. See you at gym.

Hilary xx

4 February 2008 at 8:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home