Friday 25 January 2008

I grow beyond my family's limitations and live for myself. It is my turn now.

I am feeling a bit funny at the moment and it is nothing that you can solely pinpoint to?? I thought I was able to shed it last night when I did Balance but no luck. then I thought the heavy duty weight session on chest and tris and bis, (as these are my favourites) would clear the feelings. No they did not go. But I did get a sore chest.

Depressed is not the word I would describe as I am not depressed, just blue. Not sad yet break into tears just at someone talking to me or emailing me??? What is that? I was thinking......................maybe that is just it, I think too much? Is this all? Am I to do this for a long time?? Maybe I am like the women in my crazy pyscho family, but fight it all the time and this is my let down?? Who knows how the mind works. I tried talking to friends and it just comes out sounding like I feel sorry for myself (and I don't) and I tried talking to professionals but same deal when they ask,' so what is really wrong?' I don't know, it just happens!!! Does that make sense to anyone??



I was on Craig Harpers site, as many blogs refer to him and wow, there is a whole lot of motivational thinking there!!! Anyway he was talking about issues with weight loss and I copied the following chapters from his blog. Makes sense doesn't it?

"Conventional thinking tells us that losing weight is essentially a physiological process; lift this, run there, stretch that, get your heart rate up, decrease your calorie intake, no carbs after three (crapola) and increase your energy expenditure. Mostly good advice.

And traditional approaches (by the medical profession and the fitness industry) tell us that weight loss is essentially about three key variables; exercise, food and lifestyle.Oh yeh, and more education. And to a point, they are right.

But only to a point. I'm here to tell you that while exercise, food, lifestyle and education are indeed important variables in the process, without doubt, the biggest determinant of weight loss (or gain) is what's going on in that nine pound (four kilo) thing sitting on the top of our shoulders" THE HEAD



Soooo now I can relate to the 'head' and mindset thing. it is really a mind game that we play, and it is up to us to control that mind game or it starts getting carried away with 'what if.............' 'have you tried...............' 'What if you did this...........' 'Are you sure you are being good'. What I need to do is take a deep breath, and allow myself to relax. My whole body will calm down and maybe things will fall into place. So what if Average Joe Bloe does less and has a great loss , but you bust your butt, stay truthful to your plan and you see minimal change. You are still going to have a healthy lifestyle anyway! Mindset! I know in myself that I am being true to my game plan, that my diet is clean, my exercise is good.
Well now that I have blurbed a bit , I will go and have my lunch now.
Catch you on the next post
Ciao!
X:D)



1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

I hope you feel good soon Doris, I hate that feeling when you want to cry for no apparent reason. Maybe you just need to have a good wail and let it all out!

Craig Harpers site is great isn't it, he hits the nail on the head sooo often!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Hilary xx

26 January 2008 at 2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home