Thursday 3 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


A little late I know but I have had computer problems. It appears some joker got me with a spyware virus and I have been madly trying to fix my laptop since then. Still not quite right but safe. Why do these jerks so it!!


Any way Happy New Year everyone.

Have done two good solid days at the gym which has gone back to normal hours thank god!

Did chest and tris yesterday with 1 & 1/2 hours cardio. Trained with a friend and we did the uneven pushups on medi balls. I don't hurt as much as last week but Chris is really feeling it, same doms I had last week from the exercise.

I do have however have a problem with my legs. I have been suffering from shin splints of late and even when I am walking around the house. Tuesday I had really tight calves and shin splints and I did no exercise. Anyway to cut a long story short, I think we have discovered with some isolation issues I have some problems with my feet rolling out, I believe I am compensating for something totally different and have developed this habit of rolling my feet out, which in turn obviously affects my calves and feet. I am booked in with one of the trainers at the gym father, who is a sports massage therapist. I am going to get him to deal with my hammis, calves and shin splints. I also purchased today an insert for my shoes that cost $200. They are supposed to correct my feet placing back to its natural form and supposedly stop me from rolling my feet out. Only thing is it will take me about a week to get used it. I wore it for an hour and my arches were screaming at me saying "what the hell.......""hey I'm in pain down here". So I am supposed to wear these for a few hours every day, progressively longer each time to the point where I can wear them fulltime.

Eating not so good..................not that I am eating bad, but get carried away with what I am doing that I forget to eat. Last 2 days I have packed meal 2 & 3 but have forgotten to eat them, as I am either doing something or training at the gym. I actually can not wait to go back to work as I kept better track of my eating times then.

New Years resolution:

Eat my set planned meals at required time.

Exercise a minimum of 30 mins a day, aim for 120mins a day.

Feel comfortable with myself and be positive with my attitude.

Save money.

Ensure my friends know that they matter to me.

Don't let my family get to me.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful new year and 2008 will bring you what you wish for. I know it will for me.

Ciao!

X:D)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Happy New Year to you too Doris! That sucks about your computer, hope its all good now.

I also walk on the outside of my feet and suffer shin splints on the outside of my shins now and then. I'll be interested to hear if the shoe inserts help.

See you at gym

Hilary xx

4 January 2008 at 7:15 am  
Blogger Kerry said...

Happy New year Doris,
my son suffers from periostitis (shin splints) and ices them everytime they hurt. His podiatrist has never recommended anything in his shoes for them. They are caused from over exercising and the only way to stop is to back off the exercise. Of course Jack won't listen and has continual problems. For cardio he does swimming and bike riding because there is little or no impact on his legs but he's a runner and insisits on running.
Good luck
Kerry

6 January 2008 at 8:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home