Sunday 30 December 2007

I exercise in ways that are fun!!!! RIGHT!

Thats what I have to keep telling myself! Owwww! Did legs yesterday morning, starting with 1/2 hour walk on tready, then some serious slow leg weights, squats, lunges, leg curls, leg extensions and leg press. Had to give calves a bit of a miss as they are very tight and I am suffering from shin splints on the side................very hard to stretch the side and front calf muscles. Just need to keep stretching and self massage in order to pass through the shin splint issues. Finished off with 45 min on xtrainer doing interval levels of up to 20 - wow slow and hard going at that level, but boy does it get your heart rate up!
This picture is what I feel like except add chest, bis and tris!!!! Only thing that doesn't ache is my back and I did it really hard on Friday! But my back and chest has always been my strongest area.
Gosh, 1 week already gone off my holidays and ask me what I did???? I actually don't know...........what a blur!
Next is a very full on week with training and gym time as I get to do day classes that I normally would be sitting at work missing them. One thing though, I haven't done boxing in almost 3 weeks and I am missing it. I should invest in a bag so I can at least hit at home. I have done 2 circuit training as well in the last 3 days, so again, I can't believe how incredibly sore you can get from having just one week off!!!! In light of the fact that I have lifting weights for a long long time and it is always good to give muscles a break for 7 full days - known fact that your muscles will recover stronger with a longer amount of break. Oh well I always complain if I am not sore and often feel that if I am not sore, I did not work hard enuf (which is not true, just a mind set).
Hubby and I are planning to go for a little drive today, maybe drive down the coast and stop and have lunch somewhere.............will see.
Got to go! Ciao!
X:D)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Wow you have been busy with all that training, good on you! I have been slack, I've been using the weather as an excuse!

Happy New Year, hope 2008 brings you everything you desire.

Hilary xx

31 December 2007 at 12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home