Friday 9 May 2008

Self Help action steps!

DECIDING ON WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO YOU
When you know what is important, you are able to manage your time and gain self control
OVERCOMING CHALLENGES, DIFFICULTIES, LIMITING PATTERNS OF THOUGHTS, BELIEFS AND ATTITUDES
Self satisfaction is achieved when you break through those things that have hindered your personal growth and success. You break free from obstacles by going inside yourself to look for solutions. To change limiting patterns and things you are afraid of, you need to create the curiosity to grow and get to know yourself a little better. You have to be honest with yourself.
LEARNING FROM YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, MISTAKES, ERRORS AND SUCCESSES.
Your journey has taken you to where you are now. Use the experiences and pitfalls as a learning tool, relfect and improve your strategies to move forward. You will gain personal satisfaction when you take charge of your own thoughts.

The dictionary defines self-help as the act of helping yourself without relying on anyone else and improving yourself economically, intellectually and emotionally.

Most important - You need to improve on your self-awareness. You need to work on your attitude. YOU HAVE GOT TO START BELIEVING IN YOURSELF.

Well almost 2 weeks now on the extra supplements and already I can see changes happening. I sleep deeper at night - no waking up every 2 hours to pee!!!!! Water intake has increased as well, as mouth is feeling dry often (I think that is the Fenugreek) so it encourages me to drink more, which in turn makes me pee more. Nice, I often during the colder months suffer to drink more water as it is cold. Subtle changes also happening on body, so maybe we have broken the barrier. I hate talking about it as every time something good happens - it all goes stagnant again. But as part of my self help in "loving myself", I need to talk about it. I have had some drop in weight again and skin folds came back reduced as well, but one thing I am not happy about is that I have lost some lean mass. I understand that this will happen as there is so much already and with any strict eating regime, you can not just lose body fat, you will have to sacrifice lean tissue as well (just not as much as body fat).

I forgot to tell all on wednesday night that I had dinner made for me! Nice. My son who has just turned 19 cooked dinner for us all. He made this awesome tomato soup from scratch (no tinned stuff in our house) for his father and himself (I had a tablespoon to critique and WOW) and I think I have taught him well. When he was 10 years old, he wanted to help me in the kitchen, so I started to teach him how to cook, I figured if anything ever happened to me, he would be at least able to feed himself and his father(who has not interest in even learning how to brew a good coffee) nice foods instead of relying on tinned stuff. Anyway, he knew I am on a specific eating plan, so he poached me some barramundi in lime juice, steamed a whole pile of veges (a little too much carrot than I normally have which is NONE) but beautiful! This of course is for mothers day as he is working on the Sunday night therefore could not cook then, and as he said "I don't get up when you get up mum, so breakfast is way off the list". Bad habit of mine, I can not sleep in!!!!! Spoilt I think I am but I deserve it! There another think positive moment!!!!

Well I best be getting some work done so I will blog later.

Catchyallata!
Ciao
X:D)



2 Comments:

Blogger sabine said...

Noice work Doris !!! Great to see positive results.You have fantastic
muscles all over, I wouldn't be too concerned about losing some lean mass.Don't forget there can be a margin off 20% error when testing.
How good is that KID :) His heart is in the right place !!You've taught him well.
xxSab

13 May 2008 at 11:56 am  
Blogger Em said...

Hi Hun :)

sounds like you had a lovely early mummies day spoil session, I am hoping my kids can cook a nice dinner for me one day but if they are anything like their dad I may get food poisoning LOL

Good on you for all your progress I am sure that you will be close to your goals in no time and I bet that little bit of lean body mass you sacrificed will soon be back where it belongs :)

Em:)

13 May 2008 at 9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home