Sunday 4 November 2007

End of Week summary

Hey bloggers

A much better day today. I had my first bad day on Friday!!! I started off great with a fantastic chest and tris workout, both still hurting now. Dumbbell flat bench pressed 27.5kg db with no spot for 3 sts of 10 reps. Whoa! a PB and to back it up with incline bench press with olympic bar (I think they weigh 20kg) with 15kg each side by 10 reps and that is after doing 10 with 5kg and 10 with 10kg each side. Interestingly though my chest is not as sore as it gets when I do slow deep flat flyes with 12.5kg dumbbells. My chest really cains after doing those. and my tris, did the usual and finished of with french presses with supasets press ups at the end of each set, so 10 reps doing french press to behind head, then supaset 10 press ups from below chest. I did these with the ezy bar which weighs 14kg and 7.5kg each side. 3 sets all up! Had a good breakfast, then did not eat till I got home......................5.45pm, so I skip all meals during the day, and only ate 20 almonds when I got, then went out with David and had Thai with red wine.

There is this fantastic Thai place just on the exit of highway at Yatala call the 'Thai River Kwai Restaurant'. It is the best Thai I have had here in Brisbane, and having been to Thailand to compare with some authentic dishes, this is pretty close. I had this restaurant's specialty fish dish called "Thai River Kwai Fish' . The only bad thing in it was the fish is cookked......well not crumbed and not battered but cooked with flour, but then it becomes amazing. They shred red onion, cucumber, green apple and crush some cashews. All mixed together on plate with a typical Thai sauce, clear. Yummi. All the flavours just explode in your mouth. I had two very small glasses of red wine with it, a shiraz, nice and light, not to take the effect of thai way from the meal.

I backed up legs yesterday morning, maybe I shouldn't have, as I did more bulgarian lunges and I think I have overstretched my hammis a bit.................a bit sore than normal....cardio was crap this week, but truly did not feel like much.

Next week is a new beginning, so we will start all over again. Eating wise the rest of the weekend has not been bad, but has not been totally to plan either!!!!

42 weeks to go on my long term goal. which will end when I go to scotland and europe for 2 weeks. i have a wedding I want to attend in July in scotland in a castle, & I thought I would take the opportunity to go to Europe for a week as well. We were thinking of doing like a driving backpackers adventure (my husband David) and I am going to nickname it my honeymoon as I never did get one when we were married 18 years ago! I have a lot of relatives in Germany, so we could go say hi, meet my grandmother for the first time, then maybe drive down to Greece via Italy and do B&B's on the way, so of backpacking but not roughing it too much. Don't know if it is going to cost a lot of money, will have to research it. I have eight months to save and get information together.

Well heres to a better week coming!!!

Ciao!

X:D)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Wow your holiday sounds fabulous!!! I'm jealous!

Your training sounds like its going fantastic!

Hilary xx

5 November 2007 at 7:46 am  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hooley dooley Doris! I am seriously impressed with the 27.5kg Dumbells! YOU GO GIRL! And 50kg bench press, that's going hard too. Great work!
Cheers
Carolyn

5 November 2007 at 1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home