Friday 12 September 2008

So Where's my head at??

I am in a good place at the moment and will stay that way. I have done solid mornings everyday at the gym this week, finishing today with an awesome leg workout. Now I just need to get back to my old routine and start going morning and night!!!!

Started with Leg squats on the standing calf/leg squat machine
Warmed up with 20kg - deep squats - butt touching calf type of squat - 15 reps
2nd set 40kg - 12 reps - maintaining good form and deepness
3rd set 60kg - 10 reps - able to keep the depth - NICE!

single leg press on 45degree - 60kg each side - 15 reps - 2 sets then finished of with a set of pulses - 30 reps

Seated Leg Press - Strive - Wide feet position - felt it in the adductors - 98.5kg at level 1 - 15 reps, level 2 - 12 reps, level 3 - 10 reps, level 3.2 - 8 reps. Owww!

Finished of with a massive supaset on the leg raise and stairs - 50kg - 8 reps - run the stairs twice - did this 5 times. When I finished my face was very red and I was wet!!! Phew. next week with try and run the stairs 3 times on the supaset. Amazing the very last set of stairs, my legs felt like they were so heavy, that I have concrete shoes on. LOL.

Eating wise has been easy, trying to get more veges in. I am trying to keep my head straight and not wishful think that I want to see results faster!!! I have got to get that out of my head, so I am occupying my time more with calorie counting and journaling my food. Why calorie count????

I was reading an article on the Lindy Olsen website about calorie counting and these were the topics covered.
It puts you in touch with reality - in terms of how many calories you actually need each day.
It's completely flexible - You won't have to eat separately from everyone if you want to eat the same, you just need to ensure you don't exceed your needs and have smaller portions.
It educates you - you start learning about how the things you eat and drink affect your weight.
For me it is about the education and the ability to see that certain things you can eat a hell a lot of and the calorie count is low, like cauliflower and broccoli, now I know why body builders eat so much of these veges.

ATM I am thinking big but focusing on the small things - visualising my ultimate goal but using smaller ones to motivate myself everyday and allowing myself to appreciate my progress rather than be overwhelmed by how far I have to go to my BEHAG! So this week was to go to the gym every day and I managed that! Wahoo. I did some awesome workouts and not suffering DOMS that bad - must be the ZMA tablets I take every night. I know that when my head hits the pillow I don't wake up until 1/2 an hour before my alarm is due to go off at 4.30am.

I need to find a plan B and use it when obstacles like work comes up. I have enuf equipment at home, so I should start using it.

I have started as you know from above tracking my daily energies in and out, but I also need to start tracking my progress I think.

Thinking positive at all times - believing in myself and my abilities - surround myself with people who believe in me.

and most of JUST DO IT!

Long Live Fitness!

Ciao

X:D)

2 Comments:

Blogger LizN said...

Yes, Dori, one meal, one workout, one positive thought at a time.

xox

12 September 2008 at 6:13 pm  
Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Thanks Liz

I know that is where my problem always seems to lay - thinking way too ahead, wanting results fast and then losing it.

As you say

One Meal, One workout, One Day at a time.

xx

13 September 2008 at 11:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home