Monday 1 September 2008

Enuf!

Boy last week when i asked for things to pick up, it went from zero to 17 hr days 6 days straight. I had no gym time, no down time, all work time and I am sooooooo over it!. We had our Annual Executive Meeting at work on Thursday and I had to prepare the reports on the Agenda. Well I have since come to realise that i have some poor managerial skills. Heres how the last fortnight affected my life!



Well we got through organising the funeral for David's mother and ended up organising the wake as well. Hubby had a bit of a bad week with siblings and the "clearing of the house" . A few different colours appeared from his siblings and he was not liking it................but he does need to learn to 'let it go'! right we got over that and was all excited about going to a "BodyTune" seminar at Goodlife Graceville presented by the lovely Lindy Olsen, booked in and everything, was on my way over there and got a phone call..............something pressing came up and I missed it! Silly me though - should have stuck to my guns and just gone, now I am kicking myself for missing and giving in to everyone else. What happened to "me time". Okay okay over that now............then worked Sunday through to Wednesday night (7.30pm) finish getting all reports and presentation ready for the boss. Spent the day and night at the Marriott, AEM went off like a charm. Finally got to go to the gym Friday, gosh it felt so good! Was talking about my two weeks with somebody and griping away (as you do) about having to do all the work for the AEM and she said something that smacked my in the forehead! "sounds like poor management skills"................................wow, you know she is so right. I had poor managerial skills and ultimately it was my just reward for having that, that I ended up doing all the work! Soooooo things have changed, put new practises in place and all will get better for next year. Reflection over the weekend!!

I have jeopardised my goal yet once again! I am not concentrating on what vision I have, instead just flailing madly, arms waving madly in the air and legs going every which way but the right way! so what have I done since the reflection.

BREATHED!

I managed a good powerwalk on Saturday morning. Shin splints started to play up but self massage and icing will cure that. Saturday afternoon spent some quality time with good friends on the riverfront watching the fireworks. Isn't Brisbane a beautiful city. I took this picture from where we were seated on the other side of river at Kangaroo Point - down the bottom on the waters edge. You know for someone who was born in Melbourne and travelled around a lot as a child, Brisbane actually feels like home. Anyway getting back to the story,





nibbled on some very healthy snacks and have a few drops of vino. Sunday had a great breakfast - 1 slice of multigrain toast, steamed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta (30gm) on top of that, 2 poached eggs and 1 slice of bacon that had all the fat cut off. This was all stack on top of each other. Should have taken a photo of it. Topped it off with a homebrewed coffee (stovetop perculator with flavoured beans - yummo - I do love a good strong coffee). Spent the whole morning and mid afternoon chopping, baking and getting a weeks worth salads, veges and meat ready so there is no thinking about it.
So rocked up to the gym again this morning (gosh it felt good) did an extra long session on shoulders - they have been neglected for about a month. I have 45 mins of cardio allocated tonight no matter what. Everything else can wait.
Today eats have been very good:
Meal 1 Oats, 2 eggs steamed
Meal 2 4 rice thins, 1 small tomato sliced ontop
Meal 3 100gms lean beef and celery chopped into a salad
Meal 4 20 of the yummiest strawberries around and 150gm yoghurt
Meal 5 125gm steamed barramundi and mixed salad

Then a good nights sleep

Hey Tara, we do seem to miss each other all the time.
Yes Lia, thank you I am a-okay! How about you? I certainly have been missing blogging and lurking but just didn't get time to stop and write. Time for changes.

Will continue, I promise!

Long Live Fitness
Ciao!
Doris
X:D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home