Saturday 19 July 2008

Okay I am back and over Jet Lag!

I didn't beleive people when they said that you suffer jet lag on the return trip and it usually lasts a week. Talk about a thick head and just plain whacko body clock issues. I was getting up 2 & 3 in the morning and doind housework because I couldn't sleep, then go to work and falling alseep driving home!!!!. I think I am back to normal.
As a result of such weird feelings and sensations and a little cough I picked up in Scotland I haven't been to the gym all week! Me Bad! No matter a new week just started for me so here we go,on that journey to the BEHAG!

I have been eating salads and salads all week..........man it was so hard getting a proper salad over there without costing you an arm and a leg. We Ozi's really have it so good as far as our food choices and cost of food. Our meat and veges are very cheap, but in understanding this, most of Europe is under snow many months of the year, where Australia is sunshine and sunshine!!!!! LONG LIVE SUNSHINE.

I will give you a break down of my trip if your interested. I just loved Italy........but then I have always loved the Europa feeling. I will start with Rome. We arrived midday, caught the train from airport to middle of Rome, hotel was just 3 streets away, smack in the very heart of Rome. I must say I was very impressed all the way except for one hotel, with the choices my travel agent made for us. i was a bit sceptical at first as they were 3-star and someone said 3-star in Europe was very very bad. But no, the locations and the rooms itself were all very good.

After checking in we jumped on the hop on hop off bus (no roof - double decker) and just travelled the circuit to get our bearings. this took up a good 2 & 1/2 hours and so many sites covered. We had 2 days on this bus and it was the best $40 bucks I have ever spent. Truly recommend it to anyone. So easy to get to the main areas. Had dinner in a small restaurant just around the corner from hotel...........David's first true italian pizza.....typical man........was disappointed with the toppings!!!! or lack thereof!! But it was so delicious, I had to practically tie my hands together not to eat it. I had pasta and man that was so nice too. Then sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Next day was an entire day of walking, walking, walking, walking, walking oh yeah and sightseeing!!! The missed photo of the the day was a gypsy woman going to the toilet on the sidewalk in the middle of the day! Eeewww! Not nice. Best photo opportunity of the day was an italian man cooling himself by lifting his shirt up and down........whoa, hubba hubba, check the abs. He was not that good looking but had abs from the gods!
Until another day, Ciao!
Long Live Fitness.
Doris

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Welcome home!! Wow you look like you had a fantastic time! I LOVE Rome, so much to see, so much history! Cant wait to see more pics!

Hilary xx

19 July 2008 at 8:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason your blog won't work on my blog list or my google reader. *grrr* :o(

20 July 2008 at 9:47 pm  
Blogger SeLiNa said...

Hey Welcome back Doris!!!!!!!!
Tell us more about your holiday!!! I've done Europe as well, and love to hear others experiences :) Damn you must have been strong to not eat that real, Italian pizza... ;)

Yea and same with Lia, your blog doesn't let me know that you've updated... according to google reader your last post was May 27?

xoxo

22 July 2008 at 5:14 pm  
Blogger SeLiNa said...

I mean March 27...

22 July 2008 at 5:14 pm  
Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Hey guys - great to be back.

Lia and Selina - I don't how to fix that????

25 July 2008 at 11:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home