Friday 20 June 2008

Gosh - 11 days and no post!!!!!

Ever had one of those weeks???? This picture just says it all!

Where will I start? Hmmmm!

Okay - work has been sooooooo busy lately, just when I want it to slow down, it gets horribly busy, never seem to be able to scrape the bottom of the pile.

Trying to get everything done before I go to Europe for a couple of weeks..............but just get bogged down more.

At home a bit of stress, no money - all money tied up in cars for hubby to work on, but with some good fortune we got some money last night! I can breathe now - at least we will eat while in Europe!

Emotions gone a little crazy at moment - just making life a little hard! Stupid sucky female hormones!!! I have had one period this year!!! But along with the stupid hot flushes and sweats, and the crying and self hatred, I seem to be having the cycle like a normal period, you know, the bloating and energy sap!

Eating hasn't exactly been to plan - ie not eating when I should be eating and only eating half of what I should be eating. The only thing that has been great is the weight lifting, but as previous posts have always stated, I love weights - can not get enuf of them..........would rather do weights than cardio. I have not let my cardio down though!!!!! I have been doing steady stuff most days and tuesday are my pyscho days - boxing for an hour then spinning! That after an hour of weights. I have pushed my weights up a lot more and can now bench press 80kg 6 reps with no spotter. I am feeling a lot stronger than before with weights and have been concentrating on more compound movements outside of my current weights schedule. I have set myself another goal to acheive and that is to be able to do chinups/pullups with no assistance. Got a long way to go as it is really heavy lifting a 90kg body up!!!! hehehe! I have been pushing myself on the weight assisted, and can manage 1 rep out with 15kg on the weight assisted machine (wide grip). Now I thought that it equates to say lifting a 75kg person but no I have been advised that you actually have to callibrate the machine and calculate and apparently it is a bit of funny sort of measure - for our weight assisted machine anyway. One day i will work it out.

Got my DNA results back and I am sooooooooo confused. Will have to wait until I am back from Europe to go talk to someone regarding the results and what it means for me. The first result on it really threw me a six as it states that I have a very good 'fat metabolising' genetic make up................what the! Then why do I struggle???? but it has a lot to do with everything else involved. Be interesting to hear from an expert what it all means!!! Will post when I know. Have been doing some soul searching as well.....................you know the normal mumbo jumbo that comes out of me while I have have these stupid fluctuations in hormones! Not going to go into it, just stupid shit!!!

I will leave you today with some brilliant lessons that I have posted on my inspiration board from Tom Veneto - something to make sure I follow through and live with on a day to day basis.
1. Set the big goal and go for it. If your goal doesn't excite you and scare you at the same time, your goal is too small - wellllll i think I have a big goal - to compete in physique next year with a hell of a lot of body fat to lose!
2. Align your values with your goals. I have to make a decision to be congruent with who I really am and what I really want - get my priorities straight! Tom saiys that when you do that, doing what it takes will be easy.
3. Do the math Stop looking for magic. a lean body does not come from any particular type of exercise or foods............it is as simple as the calories burned vs callories consumed.. I have to work out if it is better to drop the calories consumed or increase the calories burnt - an equation I will work out very very soon.
4. Get social support. Support and encouragement I already get from friends and bloggers and forum attendees. I need to work on more support from family as well.
5. Be consistent Nothing will ever work if you don't work at it every day. I know that the calories burnt is great as far as weights go, can do a lot better with cardio but must really concentrate on being consistent with food ie the eating of it.
6. Persist through self doubt If you think its going to be smooth sailing all the way with no ups and downs, you are delusional. For every sunny day, there's going to be a storm. That is what life IS! Tom says if you can not weather the storm, you will never reach new shores.
7. Redeem yourself Non achievers sit on the couch and wallow in past failures. Winners use past failures as motivational rocket fuel.. It always feels good to achieve a goal, but nothing feels as good as achieving a goal with redemption.


So now I must sign off but I will be back later tonite to blog some more.

Ciao for now!
Long Live Fitness
X:D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home