Wednesday 4 June 2008

Unleash the Secret Weapon


So what is the secret weapon! Hunger for Success!!!! Am I really wanting what I want. Hmmmm........time to digest.
Well am I just complacent to remain in any situation.............I thought I was a go getter but in reflecting in things from the past maybe I am just a waiter...............waiting for it to happen to me. Like the 17&1/2 years I spent in a job that I was not enjoying day to day and the people were not nice, had to work xmas and pub hols inorder to get a P&L out to the US!!! Like not going after my dreams still at 42 yrs of age.............. working at a job that is easy just to make sure we have mortgage money rather going after something I really want to do. Like wanting a fantastic body but just complacently chasing it year in year out. Working hard at my diet and the gym, but am I really working hard at it. So many variables!
So time to realise that I am just a complacent person and really need to put a bomb underneath me.
Just recently I have made some changes that is really rare.
1. I have acutally posted photo's of myself on the blog a week or two ago, considering I have been blogging for almost a year. So change number one is I accept who and what I look like today because tomorrow I WILL look different.
2. I have to eat irregardless if I am hungry or not 6 times a day. This is a work in progress, but a work in progress that is getting better, even I just have half a protein bar, or an apple, just eat it! This is to ensure that I keep my blood sugar levels at a even line and my insulin levels don't spike, to keep my muscles happy and my body working as efficiently as possible.
and lastly at the moment 3. Don't expect changes in a hurry, learn to have 'Patience'.
So working on complatency.......................... I have to figure out what works for me. I have to know where I want to go and when I want to arrive there and exactly what I will do on a daily basis to get there!
1. I have decided I want to compete in a physique competition - note this is physique not figure, so this means more muscle (yum yum) and more work on symmetary! This is classed as my long term goal, now I need to work out what time frame I want to do it in.
2. Am I asking a big ask if I said I would like to do in 12 months???? Can this be done??? See now I need to take the 'questions' out of my head and say it definately!!! I will do this in 12 months time - actually a little longer than 12 months - October 2009! there a date set.
So now I have set my long term goal and date to get there, time to start on some short term goals. These will be updated over the next few posts.
My knee is still giving me hell, so I am biting the bullet and making any appointment to go see Howard, seeing as my old physiotherapist no longers does private practice. I have to seriously strap it almost everyday just to do cardio, let along weights. Getting in good gym time though and good workouts - Monday 1 &1/2 hours, Tuesday 3 hours, Wednesday 1 & 1/2 hours.
Food has been quite good except.................................last night, I made the yummiest steamed barramundi with green beans and sweet thai chilli sauce, tummy was satisfied,..................then I went and had a hot chocolate made on trim milk (this is okay) but I also have a piece of crumpet toast with olive oil butter and golden syrup..........What the!!!!!!! don't you just hate that, you go along nicely and then you sabbotage all you good work in a couple of mouthfuls.
Well I had better start work, so I will catch you all later!
Long Live Fitness!
Ciao!
X:D)

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Positive said...

Congratulations on making the decision to compete!! I will definetely be there cheering you on!

Hilary xx

4 June 2008 at 6:26 pm  
Blogger Shar said...

October 2009 it is then!! What a great goal and you WILL do it.
I look forward to following your journey.
Shar x

5 June 2008 at 12:39 am  
Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Hey Hil and Shar
I know but it is a big ask! But a BEHAG that will motivate me in the highest of highs. I guess because I have set the date, now I have to make the date!

5 June 2008 at 6:53 am  
Blogger RaeC said...

Ah HA!! Found you!! Good to see you've set a goal date Dori... my advice is to set the date and work toward it, adjusting things along the way. Not having a goal is like going for a walk on a road where you don't know where it leads. Not having a deadline for your goal is like going for a walk on a road where you know where it leads, but there is no urgency to get there.

Great stuff!! xxx

7 June 2008 at 10:18 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home