Wednesday 23 July 2008

More Holiday tales

Rome was amazing, not my favourite but very colourful. We walked, walked, walked and walked forever. We did the jump off jump on bus. This is definately a recommendation to anyone who goes to Rome or Florence. They are the best way to get your bearings, to all the sites and then work out where and what you want to see close up.

The colesseum was just amazing and so big close up. I have attach a few photos of it. It was just amazing to see how the Forum led up to the mighty building and to see something that big still standing. The labyrinth of rooms and caves underneath just blows you away when you are up close and real life. I have seen many photos of it as I did an assignment on it when doing ancient history back in school but seeing in real life, you just can't explain. In fact everything that we saw in real life is so much better than the pictures and movies.

The city is just full of scooters, everyone is on one, especially the young ones. They look just so carefree, sort of reminds me of the old movies like "Roman Holiday" and a few others of the like.



On the food and fitness front, have been good with food, trying to lose the pasta, pizza and bread that I put on....................but getting back into the gym is a little hard especially with so much on at work. Plan is to get back into it slowly so that I don't burn out, as I caught a cold just before we got back and then again last Saturday night for sitting out in the cold. Should know better and rug up, so I am fighting a head cold at the moment. Nose won't stop running!!!! ARGH!
Until next post, Ciao!
X:D)

1 Comments:

Blogger RaeC said...

It sounds like the most wonderful holiday!! I hope you are feeling better soon so that Operation BEHAG can commence full steam ahead... I am so excited about your goal and following your journey to achieve it!! Go Doris!! xxx

28 July 2008 at 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home