Thursday 20 September 2007

New Beginnings

Well I am 3 & 1/2 weeks into my first real challenge and really it feels like that that this week is my real perfect week. i have managed to do all the cardio and weights that I wanted to do this week and it is only Thursday so far.

My first week was a fizzer as i started off really well then had 3 social functions to attend one day after the other. The next week was worse as I had to spend time with my visiting relatives on a house on Stradbroke Island and got lazy as far as sorting my priorities and food out, also raining all week and missed walking on the beaches. Third week was very good, but did not reach my goal of the amount of cario sessions i have to do.

I know I have a very long process to go to get to my long term goal, wish it would happen faster. i am still not quite feeling like I have done anything, so I thought I would start this blog to record my feelings and thoughts. I have given myself 52 weeks to this long term goal! My inspiration for this attitude change was a picture of Carolyn Gerdtz, who amazingly transformed her body to something awesome in 57 weeks, and I hear she is thinking of competing!!! That has always been something of an interest to me, though I don't know if I could actually get on stage and pose. I know a few people at my gym who are competing this year who I think would do really well, they don't look like they have starved themselves, and they are being coached by Jo Rogers, a legend in Queensland.

i thought I would notice a bigger change within the first few weeks, but alas I do not. I will not let this beat me, I will continue doing what I am doing and try and try and try!!!!!! OMG! i am now rambling.

I decided I need a massage as my back is very tight from weights on Monday morning. I train with a friend of mine who is a trainer (I pay him - mind you don't mind either, good perv) who does push me on my back and biceps. My forearms are so pumped after the workout, i have trouble driving to work! We did these negatives on bicep curls on preacher, man what a burn. i had to fight him pulling the bar down and try and keep the bar up. I also train with another friend of mine on a Tuesday afternoon. This person is a very good friend and it was she many years ago who got me hooked on weight lifting. We usually have an awesome sessions, be it on either chest and tris or legs and calves. Either way I always have DOMS the next day, if not started that very night.

I just need to increase my cardio a little more, and then I think I might have the right mixture. Food wise I am following as regimentally as I can, hoping to keep this pattern for another 49 weeks. Heres to the next 49 weeks and NOT counting!

X:D)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Doris!
Welcome along to blogland! It's great that you are charting your journey - believe me, the 52 weeks will be over before you know it, and you will be so grateful you started on the journey.

Thank you so much for the compliment too - I am sure you will achieve success too and will inspire others to start as well!

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress!
Cheers
Carolyn :)

21 September 2007 at 6:33 pm  
Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Thanks Carolyn

I am starting to enjoy my journey with the exception of my little hiccups. But isn't that part of the learning curve we are have to endure to experience life.

This blogging is teaching me humility and honesty!

23 September 2007 at 4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home